Location: Room 214-216-218 – 2nd floor – Phuong Vy lecture hall, Nong Lam University, HCMC
Tel number: +84 3724 5192
Department of Veterinary biology was established in 2012 based on the merging of 3 subunit departments (Internal medicine – Pharmacology, Pathology – Parasitology, and Physiology – Biochemistry) to meet with the Faculty’s demand on integration and development. Being formed from the Departments having a strong 60 years of history since the early days, the Department of Veterinary bioscience is honored to have a young and dynamic generation of highly trained lecturers being in many developed countries all over the world. Furthermore, the Department also has active participation of many visiting teachers who have solid professional qualifications and experience in the field of agriculture. The department undertakes over 20 subjects in five undergraduate majors (including advanced programs) and seven undergraduate majors
Tổ chức nhân sự
Fields of Scientific research
- Assoc. Prof. Ph.D. Võ Thị Trà An (Head of Department): The use of Antibiotics (safety and efficiency); Antibiotic residues (in pork, chicken meat); Antibiotic resistance (in Salmonella, E.coli, Staphylococcus aureus, Pseudomonas, Aeromonas etc.); Alternatives to Antibiotics (vaccine, probiotic, prebiotic, herbs).
- Prof. Trần Thị Quỳnh Lan (Deputy of Department): Application of Immuno-protein technologies to identify protein immunogens for vaccine production; Developing ELISA kits for diagnosis and detection of enteropathogenic bacterial antibodies; Identifying bacterial virulence genes (in Salmonella, Staphylococcus aureus, Clostridium perfringens); Study of toxicity and impacts of veterinary medicines, pesticides, and mycotoxins.
- Assoc. Prof. Ph.D. Dương Nguyên Khang: Agricultural waste handling and managing; Production of biogas and handling of post-biogas waste for plants; Using of Agricultural byproducts and Nutritional balancing for Ruminants are associated with Animal growth and Reduction of Methane emissions; Foot problems and Reproductive diseases in Ruminants; Impacts of Heat stress on Animal production.
- Prof. Đường Chi Mai: Application of immune technology, biotechnology, etc. in Production of Vaccine against Caprine diseases caused by L. cuprina; Diagnosing the presence of infectious factors in porcine (PVC2, Rota virus, E. coli, B. coli etc.), bovine (N. caninum, BVDV virus, foot-and-mouth disease, etc.), chicken (Newcastle virus, Leucocytozoon, etc.); Efficiency of vaccination against some diseases in pigs and chicken.
- Prof. Nguyễn Kiên Cường: Study of factors affecting the reproductive performance of cows; Study of improving reproductive performance and milk quality of dairy cows.
- PhD(c). Đặng Thị Xuân Thiệp: Antibiotic resistance; Effects of probiotics derived from fermented products on livestock animals.
- PhD(c). Lê Nguyễn Phương Khanh: Pathology related to Clostridium perfringens, Porcine circovirus type 2, Balantidium coli etc.); Roles of Specific Protein 1 (Leukocyte – Specific Protein 1) in mechanisms of acute pneumonia; Roles of Helical Rosette Nanotubes in prevention and treatment of enteropathy caused by E.coli, Salmonella.
- PhD(c). Lê Thụy Bình Phương: Utilization of agricultural by-products (cassava leaf and bagasse, biochar, etc.) in cow feeding systems to reduce methane emissions, improve ruminal bioavailability; thus, enhance weight gain efficiency.
- M.Sc. Hồ Thị Nga: Surveying the phagocytic activity of leukocytes and influencing factors; Surveying sperm counts on males and quality of dosages; Surveying the factors affecting the physiological values of blood indicators in poultry.
- M.Sc Nguyễn Văn Nhã: Evaluating the preventive and therapeutic efficacy of drugs, vaccines (against Mycoplasma, Gumboro etc.) on livestock animals.
- Dr. Ngô Bá Duy: Herbal medicines used as veterinary pharmaceuticals; Application of Ribosome subunits and Biosensors in Veterinary use.
- Dr. Trần Thanh Tiến: Applied Biochemistry and Analytical Pharmacy.
- M.Sc. Nguyễn Vạn Tín: Pathogenesis of some viral agents
- B.Sc. Lâm Ánh Tuyết: Laboratory managing and supporting in researching and teaching works