Do you oversee digestive and metabolic processes? Are you enthusiastic about animal physiology and biology? Can you develop dynamic mechanistic models for farm animals?
Wageningen Livestock Research (WLR) creates science based solutions for a sustainable and profitable livestock sector. Together with our clients, we integrate scientific knowledge and practical experience to develop livestock concepts for future generations. WLR carries out fundamental and applied research in the fields of animal production and food security, systems innovations, economy, ecosystem services, environment, grass & forage systems, animal nutrition, aquaculture, breeding and animal welfare & health.
To strengthen our team we are looking for you as Postdoc Researcher who has an extended research experience in Nutrition Modelling. As a highly motivated and energetic Researcher you will contribute to fundamental and applied research within the livestock sector by analysing biological processes as affected by nutrition and building related dynamic mechanistic models predicting nutrient flows and animal performance.
- You will perform research, primarily in the area of animal physiology and nutrition, biology and modelling are key words.
- You use your skills as communicator. This includes publications in peer reviewed scientific journals, contributions to technical magazines, news items at websites and social media, presentations at seminars and international conferences.
- You collaborate with:
- partners in the industry, end-users and stakeholders
- researchers within Wageningen University & Research and from (inter)national knowledge institutes
- innovation centres, research facilities and labs.
- a result-oriented and enthusiastic researcher at postdoc level;
- expertise and ideas on animal physiology and nutrition, biology and modelling;
- a passion for science-based applied research;
- ability to work and connect across disciplines;
- proactive attitude and good communication skills;
- fluency in English and preferably Dutch language
In this role you can express and further develop your key competences: pro-active, analytical, collaborative, flexible, client and result oriented.
- A meaningful job in an international setting with varied work and plenty of opportunity for personal development in a pleasant and open working environment.
- An initial 2-year contract, with a possibility for extension, depending on your performance and our future research portfolio.
- Depending on experience, the salary is maximum € 4.934,- gross per month maximum 11 depending on experience, CAO Stichting Wageningen Research) on full-time basis (36 hours).
- We offer 171 hours per year of leave for a full-time position of 36 hours per week, with the option of accruing another 25 extra days (compensation leave) for a 40-hour working week.
- 8% holiday allowance and a fixed 3% end-of-year bonus.
- The arrangements for special leave, parental leave and sick leave are above average, as is the employer’s pension contribution.
- You can arrange the optimum balance between work and private life.
- We offer good training and education opportunities
- Sports facilities at reduced prices are at your availability
- This position is based at Wageningen Campus.
Applications can be sent online via the application button above until 5th May 2019. We are looking forward to receiving your details and motivation.
If you wish to receive more information feel free to contact:
Gert van Duinkerken, Head of Department Animal Nutrition, via +31 (0)317 480702 or email@example.com.
Alfons Jansman, Senior Researcher via +31 (0)317 480717 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal opportunities employer
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Agencies are kindly requested not to respond
Will you join Wageningen Livestock Research – Partner in livestock innovations?
Wageningen Livestock Research develops knowledge for a sustainable and profitable livestock sector, translates this into practice-oriented solutions and innovations, and ensures that this knowledge is disseminated. Together with our clients, and on the basis of practical experience, we integrate our scientific know-how in the areas of livestock systems and of the nutrition, genetics, welfare and environmental impact of farm animals to produce livestock concepts for the 21st century.
Wageningen Livestock Research, together with Wageningen Bioveterinary Research, Wageningen Marine Research and the Department of Animal Sciences of Wageningen University comprises the Animal Sciences Group of Wageningen University & Research .
Wageningen University & Research
Delivering a substantial contribution to the quality of life. That’s our focus – each and every day. Within our domain of good and safe food & food production, food security and a healthy living environment, we search for answers to issues affecting society – such as sustainable food production, climate change and alternative energy. Of course, we don’t do this alone. Every day, 5000 people work on ‘the quality of life’, turning ideas into reality, on a global scale. Could you be one of these people? We give you the space you need.